Welcome to Pathfinder Online Wiki! We hope you will contribute much and well. You will probably want to read the help pages. Again, welcome and have fun! Yoda8myhead (talk) 23:58, 15 October 2014 (UTC)
Signatures: x4 Tildes (~)
Links: You use [[link|link text]]
New Page: page
Edit Notes: Use empty white box next to "Summary".
Use of “Discussion” Tab: Every page on the wiki has its own discussion page. So it is best to put questions/conversations on the relevant page's discussion.
Bold Subject Headings:
Sub-paragraph: (::) this is actually considered an 'indent.' Each additional ':' will indent further.
- so when I ask a question
- you respond to the question
- and when I answer back, the conversation, and who said what, is more easily distinguishable.
- you respond to the question
1- Create a new page?
2- Link a new page to an existing page?
3- Add a new subsection named "Hexes" to the "Portal:Economy" page?
4- Determine if I should create new "portal" pages or instead new "category" pages?
- We want to keep the Main pages as Portal pages. So the pages that are listed on the Main PFO page (Character, Gear, Environment, Economy, Combat, and User Interface) are the Portal pages. The reason I created these like this is because every single subject or mechanic in the game will fall under one of these categories. (Dazyk (talk) 00:47, 12 November 2014 (UTC))
5-Use of Page; Is this discussion edit page just for the content on the main page itself, or can it be use for all general questions?
- Every page on the wiki has its own discussion page. So it is best to put questions/conversations on the relevant page's discussion. Dazyk (talk) 22:48, 8 November 2014 (UTC)
- Also, google 'wiki markup' and bookmark it; it has all the info you need on how to format text, add headings, link pages, etc. It was my best friend for weeks :)
On iPad, will make changes on next day off. I saw the feat page and the skills table. That is a lot less informative than what I had in mind....
- the feats page is not set up properly right now. It should be set up as follows-
- with each category leading to its own page. Dazyk (talk) 18:39, 15 November 2014 (UTC)
Skills being a "feat" is going to throw off a lot of new people.
Perhaps I can reformat data in the form of selectable column? - skill type (gathering, refining, crafting, trade, knowledge, general use...) - where to train (trainer and traing structure) - racial bonuses/ penalty
- sounds good. Just put a link (for now) on the Feats page that leads to your skills page. Dazyk (talk) 18:39, 15 November 2014 (UTC)
Giorgio 17:14, 15 November 2014 (UTC)
Removing content from Talk pages
Please don't do it. Even when a question is answered, it's best practices not to delete the original question and answer, even if you don't think others will want to read it. We should always endeavor to maintain the most complete record of everything relating to the wiki, including discussions in talk pages. We have the ability to add a forum to the wiki, which I plan to do once I get someone who knows php up to speed on what we need and get them server access. Until then, please keep all discussions live on the site. Let me know if you have any questions.— Yoda8myhead (talk) 20:59, 14 November 2014 (UTC)